It’s happy days for those of us who are AMD Radeon 5000 series graphics card owners. AMD has released a new driver, version 21.9.1, that adds support for AMD Smart Access memory for all 5000 series graphics cards. This latest update from AMD also includes support for auto-overclocking and game-ready for Deathloop™ and the Call of Duty® Vanguard Open Beta.
The auto-overclocking feature will, however, only appear if you have a 6000 series graphics card. The rest of us will have to wait for this new feature to trickle down to older gen tech. AMD eventually releases updates that offer support for past generations.
- Call of Duty® Vanguard Open Beta
- AMD Smart Access Memory on Radeon™ RX 5000 Series Graphics
Added Vulkan® Support
- This extension allows implementations to use the null constant initializer on shader workgroup memory variables. This in turn allows applications that run untrusted content to defeat memory-scraping attacks.
- This extension adds support for the integer dot product SPIR-V instructions defined in SPV_KHR_integer_dot_product. The SPV_KHR_integer_dot_product extension allows dot product operations on integer vectors with optional accumulation. In addition to allowing dot product operations for all input vector types, it also allows integer dot product for 4-component vectors of 8-bit integers that are packed into 32-bit integers.
- This extension provides shaders with the capability to perform 16-bit floating-point atomic operations on buffer and workgroup memory. It additionally allows floating-point atomic minimum and maximum operations on buffer, workgroup, and image memory.
- This extension allows an application to specify the contents within the render area that will not modified or can be expected to be undefined after rendering.
- Visual artifacts in PAYDAY™ 2 may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- On Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics, higher than expected memory clock speed and power consumption may be experienced when idle and the display’s resolution and refresh rate are set to specific values such as 1080p @ 60Hz.
- While playing Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, driver timeouts or black screens may be experienced on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 480 Graphics when the user quickly navigates through the game menus or swiftly looks around an environment with their character.
- Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 Driver Version 21.30.17.01 for Windows® 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.13017.1004).
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
NOTE: This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support. When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics|
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
|AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version