AMD has released its second driver update for August. This one adds support for two new games, Myst and Aliens: Fireteam Elite. Myst is due out on PC tomorrow, August 26, 2021, and Aliens: Fireteam Elite came out yesterday, August 24, 2021.
The Adrenalin 21.8.2 driver also includes a few new fixes, including one for their Open Broadcaster Software and a fix for F1 2021 when playing in split-screen mode.
- Up to 6% increase in performance in Myst @ 4K Medium settings with Raytracing enabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.8.1.RS-398
- Aliens™: Fireteam Elite
- Users may experience difficulties ending a recording session on Open Broadcaster Software™ when recording in H265/HEVC codec on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- While playing F1® 2021 in Split Screen mode, image corruption may be observed on one of the players’ screens.
- Radeon software application may become unresponsive when some users attempt to launch the application.
- While playing Control™ using DirectX® 12, users may observe corrupt light rays on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 XT.
- Upgrading to the latest Radeon™ graphics driver may cause the auto update feature on Ryzen™ Master to stop working.
- Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- Visual artifacts in PAYDAY™ 2 may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- AMD is investigating a black screen issue that may be experienced while playing Myst™ or Kingshunt™ on some Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics products. A temporary workaround is to disable Performance Metrics Overlay or Radeon™ Image Sharpening in Radeon Software.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- Radeon Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- RS-398 – Testing conducted by AMD as of August 18, 2021 on a test system comprised of a Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, 16GB DDR4, Radeon RX 6800 XT GPU with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 and 21.8.1 on Myst. Game tested with Medium preset at 4K with ray tracing enabled. Performance may vary.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 Driver Version 21.20.25.01 for Windows® 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.22025.1006).
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics|
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
|AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version