With the launch of AMD’s latest addition to the 6000 series graphics cards, AMD Radeon has released a new driver, Adrenalin 21.8.1, which is an optional driver that comes with just a single bug fix. AMD’s driver situation has slowly but steadily improved over the past months, making bug fixes less and less common.
AMD has said that availability for the 1080p focused GPU should be improved over its bigger brothers and sisters and even claimed they should be found on sale for MSRP or thereabouts. I won’t hold my breath for that one, but even MSRP isn’t a bargain considering initial testing puts it in the RX 5700 XT range when comparing benchmark results.
- AMD Radeon™ RX 6600 XT Graphics
- The Medium™ may crash after launching the game while running FrameView™.
- Upgrading to the latest Radeon™ graphics driver may cause the auto update feature on Ryzen™ Master to stop working. A temporary workaround is to manually update Ryzen™ Master.
- While playing Control™ using DirectX® 12, users may observe corrupt light rays on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 XT.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- Users may experience difficulties ending a recording session on Open Broadcaster Software™ when recording in H265/HEVC codec on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800XT.
- AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 Driver Version 21.20.23.01 for Windows® 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.22023.1004).
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics|
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
|AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version