AMD has finally released FidelityFX, which is their answer to NVIDIA’s DLSS. FidelityFX works a little differently from DLSS. They aren’t using AI and proprietary software, so it has the benefit of working on all GPU’s including NVIDIA’s, and even Intel GPUs will benefit. Game developers will still need to incorporate FidelityFX in their games. AMD will be adding the source code to GPUOpen in mid-July, making it accessible to all game developers.
- AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance™
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) support for select titles.
- FSR requires game developer integration.1
- Learn more about FSR here.
- Radeon FreeSync™ may intermittently become locked while on desktop after performing task switching between extended and primary displays upon closing a game, causing poor performance or stuttering.
- Anno 1800™ may crash upon launching this game when running DirectX®12.
- AMD cleanup utility may clean up chipset/RAID installer related folders/registries from the system.
- Some Radeon Graphics products may experience lower than expected performance in Destiny 2™ when compared to previous Radeon Software versions.
- Upon joining the AMD User Experience Program, the AMD User Experience Program Master service may have higher than expected CPU utilization.
- Enabling Ray Tracing while running Ring of Elysium™ on DirectX®12 may cause this game to crash.
- Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- An Oculus service error may be received on Radeon RX 5000 & 6000 series graphics products which prevents the Oculus Link setup software from running.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
- If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
- If Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in
- A driver mismatch error may appear when two versions of Radeon software (Windows Store & AMD Support versions) are installed on your system. As a temporary workaround, launch the Windows Store version of Radeon software.
- AMD is investigating an issue that may cause a small impact to battery life on AMD Ryzen 5000 notebooks.
- A Blue or Black screen may be observed after updating to the latest Radeon Software. A workaround is to disable core isolation.
- AMD is investigating a D3 error code that may be seen in some motherboard after updating to the latest Radeon Software.
- Lower than expected performance may be observed on select AMD Athlon™ mobile systems.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution is available on select games and requires developer integration. See here for a list of supported games. AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution is “game dependent” and is supported on the following AMD products: AMD Radeon™ RX 6000, RX 5000, RX 500, RX Vega series graphics cards, RX 480, RX 470, RX 460, and all AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Graphics if the minimum requirements of the game are met. AMD does not provide technical or warranty support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution enablement on other vendor’s graphics cards. GD-187.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 Driver Version 21.20.01.14 for Windows 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.22001.14011).
- Support for Windows® 7 based operating systems and some older generations of AMD Radeon™ Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model. Learn more from AMD here.
- Improvements have been made to the Radeon Software installation experience to address scenarios where a legacy AMD Radeon™ Graphics product is paired with a non-legacy AMD Radeon™ Graphics product in a single system configuration. Learn more from AMD here.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics|
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
|AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version