Earlier today: AMD released a new driver for their graphics cards that includes support for Resident Evil 3 and a few fixes. They also added a few things to the known issues section of the release notes. One I thought was just me but “Running [email protected] while also running an application using hardware acceleration of video content can cause a system hang or black screen. A potential workaround is disabling hardware acceleration for the application that has it enabled.” That known issue was causing me issue as I was leaving Folding @ Home running while doing daily tasks and watching YouTube and other content.
If you are a Doom Eternal, Overwatch or Heroes of the Storm player and experiencing issues there maybe a fix here for you. HDR users also get a possible fix in this release.
- Resident Evil 3™
- Overwatch™ and Heroes of the Storm™ may experience a black screen or application hang while gaming for extended periods of time on some Radeon RX Vega series graphics product system configurations.
- HDR may fail to enable or be detected in applications and games using the Vulkan® API.
- Doom Eternal™ may fail to launch in some hybrid graphics system configurations.
- Radeon ReLive streaming may fail to launch or may crash when a stream session is started with performance metrics overlay enabled.
- Some clock values may fail to populate for a limited number of graphics products in the Radeon Settings Hardware information tab.
- Hotkeys can no longer be assigned to a single digit or character as this has the ability to block or cause interference with some default Windows® functionality.
- Some Radeon FreeSync Premium supported displays may not list all supported refresh rate options in Windows® when Radeon FreeSync Premium is enabled in the displays OSD settings.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Running [email protected] while also running an application using hardware acceleration of video content can cause a system hang or black screen. A potential workaround is disabling hardware acceleration for the application that has it enabled.
- Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay enabled. A potential workaround for users experiencing these issues is to disable Instant Replay.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when performing multiple task switches using Alt+Tab.
- A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
- Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
- Direct ML Media Filters are currently unavailable in Radeon Software Media gallery for video or image content.
- XSplit™ may experience an application hang or freeze when performing a scene switch.
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Driver Version 188.8.131.52 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.15029.20013)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.4.1
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5600 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5500 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ VII||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon RX 5500M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon RX 5300M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M – HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M – HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
|AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics||AMD Ryzen™ Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics|
|AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics||AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD A-Series and FX processors with Radeon graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series™ PRO processors with Radeon™ graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 – HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version
- Windows 7 64-bit version with SP1 or higher