B450 AORUS PRO WIFI from Gigabyte 6 months of use review
The B450 AORUS PRO WIFI offers some high end features, at a mid level price point. Is it really worth your hard earned? Today we take a look at just that.
If you saw all the negative reviews this motherboard received from the Tech Tubers. You maybe thinking this board isn’t worth your hard earned but is that really the case?
At the time I purchased the B450 AORUS PRO WIFI, you could not find a more feature packed board at the $168CAD price point. I took a chance on it, ignoring the negative reviews from YouTube. My thinking was that if it was really that bad, I would just take it back.
Supports AMD Ryzen, 2nd Generation Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics, Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics, Ryzen 1st Generation Processors. Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs. Intel® and Dual Band 802.11ac WIFI & BT 4.2. HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display, Integrated I/O Shield of Ultra Durable Design. Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe Gen3 M.2 (x4, x2) with Dual Thermal Guards. ALC1220-VB Enhanced 114dB(Rear), 110dB(Front) SNR in Microphone with WIMA Audio Capacitors. RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone LED Light Show Design, Supports Digital LED & RGB LED Strips. Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software. Smart Fan 5 Features 6 Temperature Sensors and 5 Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP. APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities. CEC 2019 Ready, Save Power with a Simple Click.
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x system fan/water cooling pump header
- 1 x CPU cooler LED strip/RGB LED strip header
- 2 x digital LED strip headers
- 2 x digital LED strip power select jumpers
- 1 x RGB (RGBW) LED strip header
- Front panel header x1
- 1 x front panel audio header
- S/PDIF Out header x1
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2×10 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0 module only)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports
- USB 3.1 Type-C port x1
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red)
- RJ-45 port x1
- Optical S/PDIF Out connector x1
- 5 x audio jacks
Testing: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
I set out to punish the B450 Aorus Pro Wifi as much as possible. I tried some overclocking with it, using a Ryzen 5 2600x and did quite a lot of stress testing. Never having any issues, no shut downs or weird things happening. I punished it with torture tests and nothing, it never flinched. I kept it at full load for extended periods over several days and it held up. So what gives? What about all those negative reviews on Youtube? They don’t really show themselves performing the tests so I can’t really speak to their methadology. I tested in a real world setting using a case that I plan to actually use with decent cooling.
I have also logged many hours of gaming using the B450 Aorus Pro Wifi and the Ryzen 2600x, without issue. Playing games such as Battlefield 1 and 5, Elite Dangerous and The division 2 when it was released. Everything I played ran very smooth and no stutters. I also use my PC every day for work so stability is important to me and I never encountered any stability issues with this motherboard. In my opinion, the B450 Aorus Pro Wifi and the Ryzen 5 2600x, paired very well together.
- Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
- Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (review here)
- Ryzen 5 2600x (review here)
- 16gb G Skill Flare X memory (review here)
- Intel Series 660p M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4 1tb (review here)
- Corsair Carbide SPEC-DELTA RGB Case (review here)
- RoseWill PB240 Liquid AIO (review here)
- Seasonic M12 II Bronze Evo Edition Power Supply
Final Thoughts On The GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
All in all I was very impressed with the B450 AORUS PRO WIFI. At both how well it performed, as well as all the features it packed into this price point. This motherboard may have gotten a bad rap from the Tech Tuber community. For the average gamer, or work station it’s a great motherboard, packed with plenty of features for its price and I feel its worth a look.
Update: I have been using this motherboard to test the new Ryzen third gen CPU’s and have had great success with it.